USA ENERGY EFFICIENCY PUMP CHALLENGE
In the World’s largest economy, the United States, its Federal Department of Energy says that motor driven fluid movement systems (pumps, fans, compressors etc.) account for two-thirds of all electricity usage in factories in the United States.
Similar systems are also huge consumers of energy in commercial, residential and other buildings and in agriculture, mining and transport.
There is universal acceptance that it is beneficial if, for any given result or output, the consumption of energy can be reduced Our Supa-Stelth pumps, which utilise the phenomenon of solid body rotation, are able to offer up to 50% electricity reductions (wire to water).
- While there have been improvements in the performance of conventional centrifugal pumps over the 100 years plus since they were first introduced, such are due to better motors, computer electronics and the like. The wet-end, in which the work is done (impellers, volutes and housings) are unchanged in principle. So the US (and everyone else) is running their industries and much else with what are really antique designs.
- And that costs. It costs money in huge amounts, and ultimately it costs the environment.
- Yet there are many smart Americans, innovative people who see the benefit of new things and the way to get there.
So this is the challenge from us at Supa-Stelth to all Americans:
Devise, design and build a quieter pump that is better at energy saving than ours and introduce it into use in the United States.
We really should not be offering any prizes. Your success in meeting the challenge should be more than reward enough.
An alternative, and potentially much quicker, is for those in significant decision making positions to explore the means of pump energy savings with us. We are open to all serious enquiries from Government, industry and researchers. The main principle SBRF (solid body roation of fluids) of our pump technology works just as well with pumping air (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) but thats another story.
With our oceans filling with islands of plastic, (some the size of Texas) and polution from vehicles & electricity generation affecting the health of millions we do feel it is rather urgent we register our serious intent.
We welcome feed back from other motivated individuals or groups who may feel the urge to add to the monetary challenge below.
Energy savings of even 1% are worthy but energy savings of up to 50% in magnitude with minimal extra cost associated other than the world adopting a new standard in pumping is rare.
OUR FORMAL USA CHALLENGE (is now closed.)
PLEASE NOTE WE RECIEVED NO CHALLENGE EVEN THOUGH WE SENT IT OFF TO THE WORLDS TOP MANUFACTURERES. OUR INDEPENDANT TEST RESULTS ARE PUBLISHED ON THIS WEB SITE FOR ALL TO SEE. WE AWAIT ANYONE TO TEST THEIR PUMP AGAINST OURS INDEPENDANTLY.
$50,000 pump energy Challenge!
If anyone in the USA including its Government,Sciences,industry, can deliver us a centrifugal water pump that is both more efficient and quieter than the models we* have here at Mt Tamborine. Conditions apply.
*New Fluid Technology Pty Ltd ("NFT") of Mt Tamborine, Queensland, Australia,
- Pumps must be in production or production ready and genuinely intended for retail distribution for use as swimming pool, spa or general purpose water pumps;
- Pumps must be powered by an electric motor (220 or 110 volt) and have the same or greater flow rates than our pump. Test will be at a similar flow rate to the Supa-Stelth Pump;
- Pumps are to be of centrifugal impeller type and cannot have added sound absorbing materials or be specially adapted in any way for the purpose of comparison;They should have a maximum flow of 800 litres/minute (211 US Gallons)
- Power to be between ½ Hp and 2hp motor size (this for shipping AND for comparative convienience)
The $50,000 reward will be paid once only and in the event of competing entries will go to the first superior pump presented to us in Australia.
Competitors must register their intentions in writing with us within 90 days. All entries will be tested at the one time at our work shop at Mt Tamborine. All results will be transmitted to the contestants by E-mail and published on this web site. 1st date of registration 1st June 2013. Closing date of registration 4pm 1st August 2013 AEST.
Within the registration period (once you are registered) we will provide details of where and how your pump is to be presented. (It must have either standard USA or Australian connections.) Competitors must present their pump to us in Australia within 1 month of the completion of the 60 days period for registration.
Testing will be on a standard test rig at NFT with competitors attendance encouraged. All tests conducted by an independent Australian engineer. Competitors can afterwards stipulate check testing at an Australian university or research institute (agreed to by NFT), again using an industry standard test rig but at their own expense.
New Fluid Technology Pty Ltd will determine any disputes and its decision is final.